Your Commercial Water Meter Experts
Accurate measurement of water flow is essential in the irrigation industry. We have responded to the increasing government regulation of water flows in Queensland and New South Wales over the past twenty years and have been at the forefront in developing metering installation solutions and applications. There are three main considerations when buying and installing a commercial water meter:
1. What is the best Water Meter for my application?
- AS4747 meter specification
- Pipe work configuration at the proposed installation site
- Pump site and local conditions including source and quality of water
- Suited to water entitlement conditions
- Flow velocity range suited to operating conditions
- Operational and power requirements
- Ingress protection against dust and water penetration
- Manufacturer and supplier support
- Adequate meter warranty, after sales service and replacement parts
- Delivery arrangements and timeframes
- Ongoing research and development
- Competitive pricing and additional options
Irritek is a MACE supplier and Irritek Managing Director Jim Spain is a nationally Certified Meter Validator. We supply MACE meters because of MACE’s market-leading products and technology. The MACE AgriFlo Wci Series of Meters is the industry preferred meter for agricultural and waste water flows.
Example Solutions For Agricultural Flow Monitoring
- Flow Metering of River Pumps
Surface water pumped from river or channels is often filled with trash and moving at high velocities. Other brand mechanical meters are challenged in this environment and wear out quickly leading to failure or repairs. MACE AgriFlo is Doppler ultrasonic, no moving parts with no obstruction to the flow.
- Irrigation Channel Flow Monitoring
Lateral Diversions are generally deep underground with limited access and limited metering options due to multiple pipes. Metering can either be extremely expensive, inefficient or no metering at all. A single MACE Agriflo can measure up to 5 flows.
- Flow Metering of Siphons
Combined with a through-the-bank siphon structure, the MACE AgriFlo is a cost effective solution for metering supply water.
- Bore Water Centre Pivot Irrigation
Ground water extraction requires accurate flow metering as water resources become less secure. MACE AgriFlo XCi together with a MACE insertion electromagnetic sensor can be used in pipes from 50mm to 1 m in diameter. The system is low or nil maintenance. When monitoring flow into centre pivot or lateral move irrigators, suitable inputs into the AgrFlo can monitor pressure and temperature and other parameters. View the MACE manuals.
2. How to install the Water Meter for optimum meter efficiency
Optimum water meter results can only be achieved by a site-specific installation that complies with the regulatory requirements and responds to the physical peculiarities of the site. We have expertise in a wide range of different site applications and can advise on installation solutions to suit the site. We can supply and manufacture the infrastructure required for the installation and install and verify the meter. As we can undertake all steps required to deliver a verified water meter installation, the overall cost efficiency is maximised.
3. Ensure Water Meter installation is compliant
Meter installation specifications are required to meet AS4747 as detailed in NSW and Queensland Interim Standards. These include:
- Operating accuracy of completed installation
- Pipe length requirement (lead in / lead out)
- Location of valves and fittings
- Meter validation requirements
- Tamper sealing requirements
- Workplace, health and safety considerations relation to installation, maintenance and site access
- Only a nationally-certified Meter Validator can inspect and approve the meter and installation work prior to governmental approval for use. Irritek Managing Director Jim Spain is a nationally certified Meter Validator who has over 25 years’ experience in water meter installations and commissioning. He is passionate about assisting clients develop metering solutions that suits their site, their budget, optimises their water use and complies with regulatory obligations. Jim is a former member of the Australian Standards 4747 Committee on Non-urban Metering. He has advised on metering solutions throughout the irrigation areas of NSW and Queensland.
We Are Ready To Help You
Enquire About Our Irrigation and Water